Sunday, January 27, 2008

The time has come....

Last post- September?!
How does this happen? How do I manage to fall of the face of the earth for over four months? It all begins with a little word...a sneaky little word...a helpful little word...a word that you use to instantly squash the impending sense of "I need to get (fill in the blank) done". The word that flushes away the feeling of must-do that annoyingly grates and scrapes away at your nerves as you try to tackle day to day existence:

LATER

"I'll mail those thank you notes later." "I'll pick those up later." "I'll post my pregnant thoughts in these upcoming days leading to my baby's delivery later." "I'll wash my hair later." "I'll do those dishes later."

Pretty soon you've given birth to a darling baby girl, your hair smells like leftover pasta roni, nobody is aware that you've even received the baby gifts they've sent, and you can't remember your pre-delivery thoughts and feelings because you're entirely too wrapped up in a new moment with a beautiful baby girl.

I'm not even going to attempt to sum up all that I've missed in these past few months. Millions of moments with Lily and Tyler that should have been recorded....ooodles of thoughts on pregnancy and my baby's arrival....I must drop the guilt now. Lily needed lunch. I needed a shower. The carpet had to be vacuumed. Five months passed. Oops.

So, without any further ado....drumroll please...read below

4 comments:

Mom said...

Glorious...you are back in the blogosphere - yippee!
Thank you for the most adorable grandchildren imagineable and thank you for being such a Rae Trooper through a very difficult pregnancy and delivery. We are so proud of you and Tyler!
Enjoy these wonderful years...they fly by. With loving thanks from your Mom whom wondered as well if she could love more than 1 baby...and then there were 2, then there were 3 then there were 4 then there were 5 then there were 6 then there were 7 then there were 8!!! Eight wonderful individual little human beings that we love so completely and individually and whom we continue to love and adore and marvel at the wonderful adults they have become!
Love forever and ever - MOM

Joan Koplin said...

SO good to have you back :)
I thought no one could be as lucky as me with my two perfect boys...
But it looks like I'm not the only one...those are two beautiful, angel girls you have. Congratulations.

Joan Koplin said...

Oh...ps: please post again soon. I LOVE the pictures of your girls and I REALLY want to see pics of your new house too!

Auntie Mal said...

Hey Rae I love it but you need more pictures of lily and london Please post again Soon ASAP I love them so so so so much Give them Hugs and Kisses for me love ya!