Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lucky

LiLy, lately you've been requesting "lellow lurpees" (Yellow Slurpees) during our errands about town. "Finding Nemo" terrifies you, and you'll only watch it in the comforting presence of Daddy - who so graciously skips the scenes when "Cowal" gets eaten by the shark, when Nemo gets taken by the Scuba Diver, when Nemo can't find his Daddy, and when Nemo goes through that little initiation phase in the fish tank. Basically, the entire movie, except the last three minutes of the blissful reunion with his Daddy. Can't say I blame you, I'd be really sad to think of being apart from your Daddy too.




LoNdOn, you've mastered the world's cutest smile lately - it's a combination of half crinkle birdie face/half chubby bubby wubby wanna eat you up cute. You've been flashing it like a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader to all passersbys - one woman in particular at Home Depot almost ate you yesterday. Frankly, I'm surprised you are still here as I've been known to have to stuff the craving to devour you whole with something else edible - and Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream pies just don't seem to cut it.




liLy, you are such a good girl. So good it melts my heart. At first I thought I had a somewhat defiant child - say, in the 20 month or so phase - but in the past couple of months a new little maturity has surfaced. When I found you yesterday in the kitchen, pouring a glass of milk (milk you retrieved for yourself from the top shelf of our refrigerator (?))- sitting on top of the counter - and as it was literally mopping and slopping out of the overfilled cup onto the floor, you so kindly repeated the phrase "Shorry Mom, Shorry Mom, Shorry Mom. Jus one meenit" ("Sorry, Mom - just one minute.") while continuing to pour.


lOnDoN, you are fat. And so darn cute. You make my day spectacularly bright with your speed crawl. Especially when it is in the most pitifully desperate attempt to catch up to Lily and I walking down the hall. You've also learned to play silly with Ms. Lily. You two love to tickle each other, so much that you giggle hysterically while both of you push and shove back and forth - until Lily gets too aggressive, you start crying, and interventions sounding like, "Lily stop! London is just a baby, she didn't know that was pinching you!" occur.




LilY and lOnDoN, these are just a few observations from today. It is pathetically inadequate to try and sum up daily existence with you. It passes so quickly and fails to allow the time-stopping credit life with you deserves. Just know, I enjoy it. Thoroughly.




Mom

5 comments:

Daron and Jamee said...

Believably Beautiful Babes!!!

JAMIE_DALLAS said...

OOOOKay....I can't even begin to tell you how adorable they are and how big they have gotten! I LOVE the pink tutu! You're a wonderful mommy :)

jenniferoharra said...

This is such a precious post! I love it and you're girls are just too cute. I can't wait to have this as well!

Amy said...

Today my friend and I were saying how we were scared to have kids because we're selfish and we want time to ourselves a lot. These make me know it will all be okay. :)

Albert Reele Mann said...

You go girl(s)!