Sunday, December 14, 2008

Great expectations

Attempted baking Christmas goodies this evening, only to forget the SIX teaspoons of baking powder that were called for in the recipe. I guess we'll now be delivering more Hanukkah-esque, unleavened sort of goodies. Talk about a total schmuck...what kind of regular baker misses something like that? One who was too busy trying to stop Lily from turning the mixer on full blast, licking the spilled raw egg that dripped from its shell, and demolishing the freshly cut cookie dough shapes.

My heavens, advertisers are such liars. This was nothing like the Toll House cookie commercial. I'm glad you thought it was funny.

Once again, my problems usually lie in the lofty expectations, don't they?

One thing that has and continues to heartily exceed all of my expectations thus far:

1. Being a Mom to our two, now sleeping girls tucked in their beds with their favorite lullaby CD.

2. Marriage to you.

Thanks for never letting me down. I love you.


love

me

1 comment:

Joan said...

I know exactly how you feel. I often feel like living with NO expectations might be a good idea...but isn't that a lame way to think?! It just sounds so depressing!
I left a comment on your Dec 9th post, btw :)