Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to...

Me.

It began with dewy, fresh sod for the backyard being delivered in the a.m. (thanks Dad, I still can't believe it - neither can Tyler, as he happily laid each lovely roll while whistling and peeked out of our windows every 5 minutes for the next 7 consecutive hours).
Followed by freshly delivered favorite ginormous crumb donut from Klunkers. Kisses and sweet "Happy Buwday Mommy" messages from girlies. A few phonecalls, some singing voicemails (Ian & Forrest duet was definitely one for the "save" button). Took the girls to playgroup for a fun easter egg hunt.





Then enjoyed a lovely lunch with some favorite ladies. New pretty things to unwrap, Rachael Ray magazine subscription, and sour cream chocolate cake at Arlington Gardens.

I love my birthday.

Tyler thinks I take it to the extreme. Not true. There are no extremes on birthdays. So when I ask for a continuous birthday footrub, refuse to get my own glass of water, and prefer to be graciously carried from room to room because I'm too delicate and tired to walk myself, all while lovingly referring to you as "Birthday slave T", just get to work on a payback list for your birthday next year. I'm all game.

It ended late tonight with me next to Tyler snoring soundly after a long effort in making sure my day was special. What a guy. I decided to get online and blog for my last 29 minutes of birthday indulgence. Before he fell asleep we sang a medley of songs* from Lily & London's Winnie the Pooh book before tucking them into bed, all cuddled together in blankets.
(*more of a screech/talk medley that I've mentioned before. Tyler is talking the words, I'm screeching them, Lily and London are soaking them up in pure enjoyment. For real.)

Tyler sweetly remarked, "We should do this everyday."

I couldn't agree more.

Unfortunately, I don't think he was referring to the birthday portion.





8 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Rae! We love you!


-Amy, Chad & the dogs-

Daron and Jamee said...

I actually have something for you.

When I used to be your somewhat Visiting Teacher I remembered your birthday, and haven't forgot what day it was on.

Im such a good Visiting Teacher.

Let me know about the BBall game.

Jamee

Whitney said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I was laughing so hard while I was reading your blog this morning. Thats so funny how you liked to be carried from room to room and refuse to get your own water! hahaha sounds like it was a good day!

Joan said...

Happy Birthday, dear Rachel! I'm so glad you had a lovely day. You deserve it you hard working, budget keeping, house decorating, diaper changing, sexy, diva Mom.

JAMIE_DALLAS said...

Happy Birthday!! Lily is SO big! She really looks like a little girl now. Stop growing! :)

jenniferoharra said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! I too make a huge deal out of my birthday-birthdays are great. Sounds like you had a great one!

Amy said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Rae! I don't think anyone could make as big of a deal about their bday as Jamie Dallas. But I'm sure you're a close second.

Alexandra said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy!!!
Birthdays are so fun!