Monday, April 27, 2009

The Joys of Craigslist


"Sorry, it is sold. But it was in perfect condition so unless you were thinking of painting it a different color, it didn't need refinishing. "


This was the response I received from a woman who I had emailed an offer to for a hutch. I offered less than the asking price (duh, don't we all?), and explained to her that the reason I offered less was because I was planning on refinishing costs as well.

I love how she thought I insulted her virgin oak-wood honor (circa 1993) by saying that.

Wouldn't a "Sorry, it is sold." have been sufficient?

Next time I won't reveal the sinister plans I have for their precious furniture.

Craigslisters. We're all insane.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. She was deeply stung by your refinishing comment. That was TMI lady. (And aren't you getting rid of it anyway???)

Joan said...

Haha. Whatever. So funny how up tight and annoying people can be.

Daron and Jamee said...

Whats even more annoying, is that it was SOLD! AGAIN!
Every time I want something, it's sold.

Whatever.

Jamee