Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tax Day Tea Parties

"We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others, the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men's labor. Here are two, not only different, but incompatible things, called by the same name - liberty. And it follows that each of the things is, by the respective parties, called by two different and incompatible names - liberty and tyranny."

Abraham Lincoln, 1864




* And no, this isn't going to be a political blog, so don't worry. But Mark Levin's book was a good read.





4 comments:

Casady said...

When the Jerky guy came in this morning he also quoted the Liberty and Tyranny book ;) you two will have a lot to talk about next time he is in...

Joan said...

I love you and all your political banter. I am as about politically ignorant as they come. In fact, the only connection I have into the political realm is your blog. haha.
I just pretend I know what I'm talking about. I do that with most topics I know nothing about...and it has worked more or less up to this point. Sad, I know..but true.
A girl can only juggle so many things while raising young children...being politically sound is just not on my list of priorities. Pathetic excuse, but it's the only one I've got.
Okay, I'm shutting up now.

Rae's Corner said...

Great...me and the Jerky guy.

That's comforting.oh dear.

Casady said...

Hahaha!