Monday, May 18, 2009

It must be recorded (again)

Dear Lily and London,

Honest to goodness there are days I think I'm going to overdose on loving you two. You are both insanely fun, and insanely insane to mother. I wouldn't trade this for anything. But I can't go to bed without recording a few randoms from today that must now be etched into cyber-eternity so I'll never forget these days with you.

London - you've mastered this ridiculous scream that I have concluded is the well-deserved bad karma I am receiving from previously complaining of a distant cousin of yours who used to do the same thing (before you came along). Today in the checkout aisle of Walmart you unleashed it. Scream at the top of your lungs, shrill...earth-shattering...mind numbing....pain inducing...high pitched girly scream. Then you laugh. And I'm helpless to do anything about it. Seriously. You just scream, laugh, repeat. Scream, laugh, repeat. And you're too little for any decent sort of lasting reprimand. It was so awful trying to checkout, and search for my lost driver's license while five others waited behind us in line, all listening to the screeeam...laugh....repeat. Scream...laugh, repeat.

Lily- You were on the potty today doing your number two business when I heard you yell from the bathroom:

"Mom!"

"What Lu?"

"I yike you!" (I like you!)

"I love you too!"

"Noooo! I yike you!" (Nooo! I like you!)

"Oh, I like you too!"

"I sink you're so cute!" (I think you're so cute!)

"Thanks Lu, I think you're so cute too...now are you ready for me to wipe you yet?"

When I came in to help you finish the biz, you looked down (sorry, graphic) and proclaimed:

"Thew's cwap in my poo." (There is crap in my poo.)





Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

You

make

me

smile

and

laugh

a lot.



Love,

Mom

6 comments:

Daron and Jamee said...

Beautiful.

Love,
Jamee

jenniferoharra said...

These stories are so great! Thanks for sharing!

Joan said...

I can't wait to have my own little girl so I can get compliments from her (is that selfish and egocentric of me? haha)
How darling is Lily telling you you're cute. I love it.
Oh and I can just see that chubby cheeked little London screaming.
I want to EAT her up!!!

Joan said...

Ps: I'm so impressed with how many books you read!? Your side bar always has a new selection. Good girl :)

Alexandra said...

Your girls are so cute and funny! Too bad Bill Cosby's "Kids Say the Darndest Things" isn't still airing...Lily would be the star!

P.S. I love the new layout!

Alex

Jacob Hansen said...

Rachel always post these daily moments! I love them and you are gonna miss em when you are an old bag