Saturday, June 20, 2009

It's good to share.

I've decided my children will share bedrooms no matter how many rooms we may/may not have available (not all of them in just one, but at least two to a room). My memories of late night childhood chats, threats, games, imaginings, and schemes with my own siblings are too savory to not extend to my children. No matter the fact that they fall asleep on average about 1-2 hours after being tucked in. No matter the sounds and giggles coming from the room. No matter the wall thumps and the jumping.

They are in it together.

Then comes a rather quick silence, and they look like this:





As if suddenly one just literally dropped in utter exhaustion and then the other followed suit.

Ty and I sneak in, admire our perfect babies for the bazillionth time and smile.

A day (and bedtime) well spent.

5 comments:

Daron and Jamee said...

I know!!!
Its so funny how they just drop all of a sudden and are O-U-T out!

Love it.
Jamee

Amy said...

Awww...I so agree. There were times when my sisters and I chose to share a room growing up...they are too freakin cute! :)

Shinae said...

Ladybug Girl!

Ciara said...

My Goodness...you sure do know how to make the "itch" for wanting babies THAT much stronger.

auntie mal said...

Ya i kinda hate sharing a room at this stage in the game but when i think about at the old house and all of our late nights harrasing the boys through the wall by either hitting the wall or sceaming "DDDDAaaaaaaaaaaaaDDDDDDDDDD the boys are OOOOOUTTTTTTTTTT of BBBBBEeeeeeedddddddddddd" or our little games at night when we couldn't fall asleep! now looking back i realize, mom probably knew about all we did in our late night bed rooms and all the mischive we made.