Sunday, July 26, 2009

A couple favorites




“The world has enough women who are tough;
we need women who are tender. …
There are enough women who are rude;
we need women who are refined.
We have enough women of fame and fortune;
we need more women of faith.
We have enough greed;
we need more goodness.
We have enough vanity;
we need more virtue.
We have enough popularity;
we need more purity




"I feel to invite women everywhere to rise to the great potential within you. I do not ask that you reach beyond your capacity. I hope you will not nag yourselves with thoughts of failure. … I hope you will simply do what you can do in the best way you know. If you do so, you will witness miracles come to pass”
G.B. Hinckley, LDS Prophet/President

3 comments:

Amy said...

I like this. In response to my sisters and I asking our mom for advice, she has one line that I've sometimes found generic and even annoying, but have come to realize always works...she says to always do your best, that's all you can do. It's actually calming and liberating because it really is all you can do. What you know deep down is your own very best...is all you can do. And we all know what that means for ourselves.

hi, that seriously rambled.

Daron and Jamee said...

My favorite is the first quote as well. I read it often.

Femininity at it's finest!

Jamee

Alexis said...

I love the fact that this blog follows the blog "The place to PEE"....jk
The world really does have need for women of principles, purpose and perspective. When women realize the real potential within themselves they are empowered to accomplish important things - so Satan tries his hardest to give us distorted messages about ourselves so that he can get us off track because he knows what a threat women/mothers can be. He wants us to fail...his mission depends on it!
MOM