Saturday, July 25, 2009

The place to pee.

I came around the corner, entering my bedroom with a stack of laundry to put away and found Lily with her pants down, standing while peeing in the corner on the wall.

Right there, smack dab in my bedroom!

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!!"
I shrieked,

Lily quickly snapped out of her urinating trance, pulled up her pants, brushed the hair out of her face as she popped her hip in her commonly struck valley girl pose and said:

"Oh, shorry Mom.
I shoooo compwetely shorry."
(I'm sorry Mom, I'm soooooo completely sorry.)

It was so random and out of character for her little three year-old potty trained ways (she never has accidents anymore), that I couldn't help but laugh as I cleaned up the corner. Children and their lack of impulse control at this age is hilariously refreshing, isn't it? Wouldn't you just love to return to the time when you acted on any thought that popped into your head...Hmmm...I wonder what it would be like to pee on a wall...here it goes...
I'll be inspecting other corners of the house she may have marked her territory in as well.

4 comments:

Ian said...

I like that Lily is still a little girl at heart peeing all over the house because I hate seeing her growing up while I'm away

Casady said...

HAHAHA! I love kids, they say what they want and do what they want with out a worry in the world (except maybe the naughty chair). It is very refreshing to watch them figure the world out, and as adults we actually can learn a lot about life if we pay close attention to them.

Alexis said...

I remember two "schisters" peeing in a plastic stool in their bedroom late at night. Care to guess who?
MOM

Joan said...

Jimmie has peed multiple times off the top of his tv! It is on the floor in the corner of his room and he will stand on it and pee off it!? What on earth...these kids are crazy.