Monday, September 21, 2009

It's a Family affair.

My Dad owns a plumbing company.

My brother and I both work there (well, I am extreeemely part time).

He's leaving to medical school this January.

And what I'm going to miss most are these:
The random emails from the pre-med student who earned his bachelor's in English who also manages a plumbing company....


I was examining Dad's outfit this morning and he looks pretty good, but he could use an update on his tennis shoes. He's got old cheap brand tennis shoes and should have some better looking ones.

I'll get him a pair or Rachel you can go... let me know.
Shoes are the make or break component of any outfit.

"Costly thy habit as thy purse can be,
But not express'd in fancy; rich, not gaudy;
For the apparel oft proclaims the man..."

Danspeare

--
Ira Hansen & Sons Plumbing
www.ihsplumbing.com
626-7777


Danny boy, you (and your ridiculous - and funny - 'business' emails) will be missed.

4 comments:

Alexis said...

I love it....I read that same email today and died laughing. I don't even want to think about my Dan and Ali and my wonderful Finn man leaving us - even though I know it is a good thing. Thankfully, there will always be email and Dan turned it into an art form.
MOM

Joan said...

Good 'ol Dan and his clever self.

Daron and Jamee said...

I guess I could just ask Ali-But where did they get accepted at?
Jamee
xoxo

Fritz said...

Oh stop it... stop... please (not really, I'm eating this up... continue please, continue...)

And Jamee, we're moving to Australia to go to the University of Queensland. Yippee!

Thanks Rae for the boost!