Saturday, October 10, 2009

sAlSa SaTuRdAY !!!


Armed with fresh ingredients...

And Mom Alexis' TOP SECRET recipe...


Late one Saturday night the men got to work in the kitchen (where they belong...boooo haaa haaa.)...



To create THIS:


(The girls worked extremely hard too, I might add. Judging salsa can be difficult : so many terms to remember: mild, medium, hot, so hot it'll knock your socks off, it takes a real man to consume this bad boy, and if you try this you will visit the bathroom for the next 48 hours a total of 97 times as your bowels evaporate, etc.)


We each got jars from the above categories.
They won't last long, I can tell ya that much.



5 comments:

Daron and Jamee said...

What a good idea!
Canning in large groups.
And salsa...

Jamee
xoxo

Joan said...

I hope you voted for me...I will still love you even if you didn't ;)
I LOOOoooVE salsa. I wish I could have been in on the taste testing.

Fritz said...

There is a problem... a lot of mention is made to the female efforts this whole salsa shenanigan. As I recall, the men started working MONTHS ago for this single episode. Tilling soil, hauling horse manure, building boxes, planting baby plants, daily saying positive things to the tender plants, etc.

Where's the credit?!?!

p.s. Joan(ie) Ali and I voted for you. Nice work!

Rae's Corner said...

Last time I checked, men didn't whine like little girls over the attention they receive in blogs either.

Fritz said...

Funniest thing... Ali wrote that comment in her deep rooted sense of fairness. I had NO IDEA she even wrote it...

Isn't she a sweetie?