Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A few FAVORITES


1.


I have spent an inordinate amount of time this last week reading this story:


A friend phoned me up a few days ago and told me I should check out this site. It is a story of the ultimate city-slicker girl who meets a rough and tumble cowboy (who she lovingly coins "Marlboro Man")...it is quite possibly the BEST love story I've read in a long time. And most delicious of all: it's true. She documents her transformation from "black heels to tractor wheels" - from life as a sassy single to a happy mother of four and wife to Marlboro Man- through amazing photography, cooking, homeschooling tips (yes, homeschooling!), and my favorite part of all, their beautiful, steamy love story. I'm telling you, you must read it! You'll melt into a big puddle a' sarsaparilla! It made me long to roll around in the mud with my husband and make-out in the back of a pick-up truck in the middle of nowhere...yeeeeeeee haw! (I've even toyed with the idea of purchasing some chaps for Tyler for Christmas...save a horse...ride a....oh there I go again.). It made me long to relocate to nowhere-ville and cattle-ranch and chicken-pluck (ok, not a real term) with my love (which Tyler repeatedly reminds me, "No, you don't. Quit kidding yourself, babe.")





2.



Cachet "Christmas Trimmings" Candle


This is quite simply Christmas in a candle. Every scent, every memory, every spectacular bit of Christmas nostalgia is somehow magically encased in this glass, released through a wick that fills your home with the best smells of the season. It really isn't Christmas around here without it.


3.


The Destruction of our sofa.
[And consequently, the fun and happiness of childhood. Who doesn't remember jumping and ruining Mom's cushions as a kid? I applaud myself for overcoming my OCD and learning to smile over this one.]








4.

S
taying home. And the snow falling outside my window at this moment (!!!!).



2 comments:

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

Thank you for sharing the link!! This is just the online reading I need to get me through this slow holiday work week!

Ciara said...

Rae, I am in love with The Pioneer Woman. It takes everything in my bones to not read it all day while I'm at work. THANKS FOR SHARING!