Thursday, January 7, 2010

I have no idea what i'm doing.

I pride myself on not knowing how to save phone numbers in my cell phone.

I still memorize them.

I haven't played any forms of nintendo since I was 7.

I am not active on facebook.

I don't text. And the three texts I've actually written took over an hour to compose, and didn't include any forms of punctuation (because i didn't know where to find the punctuation).

Twitter...what the he*% is Twitter?

I really really don't care for Tyler's blackberry.

In short, I'm technologically challenged.

And rather proud to be so.

Because when I am up to speed on the latest things trendy...this is what happens: I waste HOURS. I kid you not, HOURS. On. the. stupidest. things. ever.

I literally just spent the past hour and a half perusing people's blogs.

Why do I feel like such a loser every time I'm done?

What begins as a brief glance at an email or checking up on my banking becomes hours of mind-sucking mommy blogs, style blogs, love blogs, hate blogs, religion blogs, organic blogs, political blogs, food blogs, cupcake blogs, hair blogs, travel blogs, blogs blogs blogs!!
I finally resume reality, sheepishly look around my house, hungover from the intoxicating - addicting- horror of it all, hoping nobody caught me peeking into other people's cyber-windows. And yet they opened the curtains...but it still doesn't stop me from feeling like such a measly dorkus joining in. I love it. I hate it. All at once.


Goodnight.


Ps...The saddest part of all? I read my own blog the most.

5 comments:

Daron and Jamee said...

I have to admit, I read my own blog often. I also read my journal at night before I go to sleep. Journals from WAY back, like middle school and stuff.
I hope posterity feels the same way someday. And your obviously not the only one who reads blogs, or they wouldn't be so popular.

sigh.
Jamee
xoxo

P.S. Your right though, they make you feel like you've wasted way to much time.

Steven and Wendy OBryant said...

Ha! I think that's the best part of all! I read my own blog the most. That's why I do it, and I DEFINITELY believe that's why you do it. You have such great memories documented for your family. But don't judge that even though I read my own, I still come read yours. :)

Joan said...

Rachel, dearest, Rachel...how I love thee :)
The reason I adore you and crave your posts? Answer: B/c of your BARE NAKED HONESTY!
Thank you, for keeping it real :) b/c VEERRRY few people do anymore!

Amy said...

I'm the same way -- once I'm sucked in to a blog or youtube video it is hours before I surface.

I finally gave into the FB thing AND twitter. Mostly for work but I check twitter all day long. It's bad. I do have some standards though. All my roomies text while they drive. I draw the line at that.

Natalie in Sparks said...

I love blogs too, but they can be addicting! I get on to check blogs once or twice a week and i only get on facebook once a month, because there is just too much other stuff to do in life, and i get that same weird frustrated feeling if i have been on the computer for too long at a time.

As for the technology stuff - i am challenged too, and i would rather be baking or canning or sewing or scrapbooking or gardening or painting my house or decorating...you get the idea! I am just an old fashioned sort of girl i guess! (and there is nothing wrong with that, right?)