Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why my kids will have NO say in the naming process...



Lily was lying on the couch with me this afternoon. She started listing names for our future baby. It was too fabulous, so I started writing them down.

I hereby release Lily's requested names for the baby (no stealing these, we call first dibs):

Belle-ella

Showermint

Bellposta
(Immediately after she listed this one she paused and reflected, "oh yeah, that's a reeeal pretty one.")

Pink pony

Bubblegum

Postermom
(Is this some sort of subconscious nod to my awesome-ness as a mother? I think so.)

Toomento

Flower

Flowermint

Flowerposted

Shower shower butterfly

Flowerbutterfly
(2nd reflection:"Oooh yeah, that's a pretty name")

Little Mermaid

Pocohontas

Reeman

Binkiebull

Crackermint

To provide a little background on the choices, I was eating a mint patty while she was listing names, hence the strong "mint" theme*. And the addtional strong "shower" theme can only be attributed to my current lack of hygiene.

*(Thanks for dropping those by Jamee, so thoughtful - they really do help.)

I'm thinking if it's a boy: Binkiebull.

Girl: Pink Pony.



Thanks Lils.

4 comments:

Mrs. Officer Andelin said...

Oh good I'm glad you got my little "present". There are some more things I thought of, so just start checking your door step every once in a while.

Personaly, I like Belle-ella. That is what you should name her(which it will be a her-I have a feeling-if you care to know-)

I'm glad you recorded these! So funny.
Jamee
xoxo

Shinae said...

I don't know Rae...I'm thinking Toomento should be a close second for a boy.

Joan said...

I vote Reeman :)
I have a feeling this ones a boy...but I would be just as thrilled with another little Rae in the world.
Thanks for your sweet comments on my make-up post. You're my biggest fan (at least I think so). haha.

Natalie in Sparks said...

That is so funny! Kids think of the funniest names! My friend;s son was set on naming his brother Superman, and got really mad if she disagreed!

Are you feeling any better? When can I bring you dinner? (for real) Does Velveeta mac and cheese still sound good, or are you over that?