Sunday, May 23, 2010

Dear...







Lily and London,

Today marks the fifteenth week of your sibling's journey to meet you. As you can see from the photo above, you girls have already done a fabulous job of preparing the ol' womb to make it nice and roomy (i.e. I'm huge for fifteen weeks, pre-stretched, easily inflated). So kind of you.

I'm also in Portland. Drizzly with rain, lush with greenery, full of flowers Portland. I love it here. Visiting Shinae and enjoying a lovely weekend of R&R. Long conversations till 2am, lots of boutique browsing, and trying out intensely yummy food. Oregon is so good about fresh food, although - truth be told - , there was hardly anything particularly fresh or healthy about the amazing corn beef rueben I scarfed down for lunch, or the endless amounts of fries with ranch dressing (however, Shinae has recently converted to ketchup. KETCHUP. I tried to hide the look of betrayal). I swear, Nae and I could set the world record for conversation. Whenever you have a question, please remember to come to us. We figured out all of the world's problems between 11:27pm and 2:31am last night. I swear.



I bought the most darling headband we can all share (yes, I plan on wearing it too). I think you're also going to be really really excited about the old fashioned taffy and real, vintage clip on earrings at the 3 Monkey's store I grabbed for you. Only 2 bucks a pop so I couldn't resist. Big pink flower ones. I'm sure we'll be following up with pic's on that one in the coming weeks.

It has been quite enjoyable. I've even had my palm read at the local market. Just as my mother has warned me to stay away from that sort of stuff, you'll probably ignore my future advice as well when I say it is utterly fraudulent and stupid. But I'll still understand when your curiosity will get the better of you as you waste a lousy 7 bucks for the most generic interpretation of your life ever. One that will fail to notice or include anything about your pregnancy. What a rip. Just look at me. I was trying not to laugh the entire time.





I'm missing you terribly though (as evidenced by me mentioning some story about you every five minutes to Shinae & Josh...I'm sure they really love that). And I miss Daddy too. It feels good to get away, and even better to be reminded you want to return.


See you tomorrow.


Love love love love love,


Mama



2 comments:

Emily said...

Rachel,
I'm so glad that you have had this girls week-end. It looks like you have had a lot of fun. Let me know when you get back and if you want to have a play date.
Love,
Emily

Joan said...

What fun! A girlie trip to see Shinae?!
Btw: I look just as round bellied as you and I'm only 12 weeks, thank you very much! Ahh, the joys of number three.