Thursday, June 24, 2010

Two big announcements.






1.
It's a Girl.

Yep, that's what the ultrasound tech announced to two very, very, veeeery surprised parents. I was convinced it was a boy. We had taken this supposedly 'highly accurate' gender urine predictor test and it was very much a boy on that test. HA! Not to mention that this time around I deal with so many unique pregnant oddities...weird taste in my mouth, obsession with insanely spicy foods, and...oh, what's the polite term?...a disturbing increase in various 'human vapors' that I was positive it was a stinky boy. But not so, she is a sassy devil! I hope she wasn't offended that my jaw was on the floor for a good hour post-ultrasound.
Now, after just a few hours...my mind has floated to girl-land again. Soft, cuddly, girl land. Three girls. Three sisters. Three little friends. Three coordinating (although mind you probably not matching) outfits.
Tyler has a lot of women to love him in this household, that's for sure. Mightly good lookin' women too, if I may say so.

And I have three daughters.
There's just something magical sounding about that.
Three beautiful daughters.
How could we be more blessed?!


2. I realized I never announced Jacob's engagement!!! What a historical event to miss!

Meet Erica, future wife and sis-in-law: awwwww, so cute.


Jacob is like a giddy school boy, and I'm so excited for them (but not wedding pics - which I will be 7 months pregnant for....why do my brothers always do this to me?)


Good things to come, that's for sure.


Now, if you'll excuse me...I have room decorating to coordinate, shopping to do, and names to mull over with Tyler. I'm having a minor obsession with the name "Clementine". Any opinions?




Rae















8 comments:

Amy DK said...

Ahhhhh!!!!! I must confess I knew this before the post because Nae told me. I am so excited for you. Hello -- I am one of three girls in a row and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. It IS magical. I thank God all the time for my big sister and my little sister. There's something so special about a sister and having two is the most amazing thing in my life. I could go on and on. They are my best friends. I know yours will be too. Congrats Rae and Ty!!! I can't wait to meet her!

Amy said...

YAY. SO EXCITING. I looked at one of those Chinese gender prediction calculators and it said boy.... but then on another site is said girl.... so ya. Your story just verifies that I shouldn't believe those things.

Anyways, Lily, London, & Clementine?

I want orange juice.

xoxo

Joan said...

I am thrilled for you, Rae! Another sweet girl in your home!
I would not be surprised if I get another boy..and honestly, I'm happy either way. Really, truly. I just want a baby.
I meant to tell you about my cousin Rachel who took a urine gender test. It said she was having a boy and her ultrasound came out girl too. I guess those things aren't as accurate as they claim.
Oh, and CONGRATS the newly engaged couple. She's a cutie :)

auntie mal said...

i think clementine sounds tooo much like a little pasterie..are you hungry??? haha yea no i like JANE...lily, london and JANE!:) soo happy! Go team jane!

Rae said...

Haha, well MY name is Rae (which is actually why I followed you here from Bloom) and I have a baby girl named Clementine, so call me biased but I think it's a great name. :P

Mrs. Officer Andelin said...

Natalie told me yestereday! How exciting. I am so happy for you guys.

And Jacob engaged? They are a beautiful couple!

Jamee
xoxo

Alexis said...

The best part about being a grandmother is the fact that you get another grandBABY.... Doesn't matter girl or boy!!!We are so lucky!!!
Grandma-mom & Pop

jenniferoharra said...

Congratulations Rachel! I'm so happy for you guys! I have to say that having two sisters is the best!