Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Feast.




Papa Don's Birthday Dinner Menu.
{Because it feels good to cook for a good father-in-law}

Click titles for recipes.



1. Texas Chili Corn Casserole

{Part of a two in one meal series...starts with slow cooker chili recipe. Don't you love killing two birds with one stone? Or should I say...cooking two dinners with one pot? Oh I am so clever.} Plus this one features polenta, and cooking with polenta makes me feel oh so 1) italian 2) cool.

2. Fresh from the garden salad.

3. Cornbread.
Use Jiffy mix... and be proud of it.


4. Pumpkin cookies
(again, but by special request! I told you they were yummy!).

And thanks for the emails/comments on the cookies - so good to hear from you peeps! Glad you have now embarked on a genuine love/hate relationship with these for the rest of eternity as well.


And on the subject of food, stay tuned for a book recommendation that will turn your food loving world upside down with guilt and misery and woe.

You do want to read a book like that, don't you?






Rae










4 comments:

Kendall K said...

I love this post... it makes me ready for Thanksgiving! I tried your pumpkin choco chip cookies and they are DELICIOUS!

I pretty much never comment but check your blog regularly... and I love your room makeover for your girls. I was wondering where you got those beautiful beds from?

Mrs. Officer Andelin said...

I tried your Pumpkin cookies tonight and brought them over to your aunties house in the which she said "Hey-someone just made these for me"- and I said-"Rachel?" and she said "YES!" I of course told here that I got the recipe from you and then we all ate and enjoyed!! So, thanks!

I also referred your recipe to a friend, who must have referred it to another friend who ended up emailing the receipe to me and putting it up her blog.

Your famous. In my neck of the woods anyway!!

Jamee
xoxo

Sarah Hansen said...

I think everyone who reads your blog made you cookies. Even some friends here in Utah. Guess who started a blog too?! It is sarah-a-hansen.blogspot.com

Alexis said...

Is it wrong to be jealous of my own daughter? Or perhaps I should say - "knock it off", you're making me look bad:)
MOM (Martha Stewart drop out)