Monday, October 25, 2010

No such thing...

This is my soon to be "middle child". I hate that term though. There is nothing middle about her. Nothing remotely unworthy of notice, mediocre, squished in between, or unoriginal. No. middle-ish. anything. No sir-ee, not no-how.

My precious London lady.
The space she occupies in my heart is so big, so deep, and reserved just for her.

She had her first day of preschool today. Just once a week, in a co-op group with some friends. Lily's preschool is a little more formal, tuition and all, and London will do that next year. But for now I felt like she needed something of her very own. Dropping her off this morning, I felt more emotional than I even did when Lily started. But don't get me wrong, I'm not exactly sobbing myself silly: I'm saving that for the big dawg Kindergarten year.
Kindergarten = the end of my very happiness
Preschool a couple of times of week= a nice break

But Lundy girl never goes anywhere without Lily.
So, it was a big deal this morning.



We hugged our goodbyes...


And she went right on in...


Happy as a clam. Ready for her own adventure.











3 comments:

Sarah Hansen said...

No, no, no, no, no. She is growing up way too fast. HOW STINKIN CUTE.

Alexis said...

The only way I have survived this campaign season is by checking out your blogs. Thanks for reminding me what is so good about life.
MOM

Joan said...

I got teary just looking at her squishy, red cheeked face as she stood by the door. BLESS chubby little blondies named London! :)
2.5 weeks LEFFFTTT!!! HOORAY!