Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11 = 5 !

Did you notice that?


Today is a VERY special day. The day my firstborn came into the world.

Today she turns FIVE.

F.I.V.E.

{What has happened to my life?}


And it is especially magical because not only is today's date comprised of "1's", but if you add up those '1's" :

1/11/11

it adds up to FIVE. Neato! I think it only appropriate that the calendar aligned itself properly with the celebration of Lily Tyler's transition into big kid territory.

And I'm going to stay strong and resist the fetal position sob-fest that arises any time I think about what a big girl she is. Today we picked out her cake at Isabel's bakery for her party Saturday. London, Ellie and I shopped for a gift while she went out to lunch with Gamma. I ignored my usual aversion to all things electronic and got her a LeapFrog and corresponding game. Lils is obsessed with Daddy's iphone and all its apps, so I figure I needed a good preemptive strike before she really makes a habit of browsing Netflix and watching Hannah Montana movies constantly on his phone. Call me crazy, call me old fashioned, but usually I prefer that my children learn their letters from actual books, and how to color with actual crayons instead of clicking an interactive computer screen. Oh well. I made a purchase for the lesser of the two evils I suppose. Lily will unwrap it tonight at when we have pizza with fam.

She deserves it. She is such a good girl.




Oh my heart. Would you look at this child?


My Lily girl.


Today as I was in the bathroom curling her hair, I exclaimed with a smile/pout,

"I can't believe my Lily is FIVE!!"

She replied,

"Aw Mom, I will still gib (give) you hugs. I love you very much."



Melt me now.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lu!




We love love love love
love love love love
love love love
love love
love
you.



Mom, Dad, London & Ellie















3 comments:

Mrs. Officer Andelin said...

I can't believe it either. I was YOUR Visiting teacher when you were pregnant and after you gave birth to her!!! Sheesh!!!!!

Jamee
xoxo

P.S. She will like the Leapster. O and C both have one and I think it is good.

Joan said...

Oh Happy Day! Happy Birthday Lily! We love you SO :)

Nonna said...

I can't believe our first is 5! It was the day our life turned another corner which has been the best turn in all my years! I love you little missy! Nonna