Thursday, January 20, 2011

Girls will be girls.







Lily: "Mom, I'm pretending to get married."


Mom: "Ooo la la!...and who are you pretending to marry?"

"The wall."

"The wall?"

"Yep, cuz that's just what I've been kissing."



............


Two days ago, I was hurriedly zipping my cart through the supermarket.

We were back near the meat department.

And I noticed

London had wandered off slightly,

twirling

and whirling

and singing

{out loud}

happily along side the chuck roasts and ground beef

I could tell

by the lyrics

"there goes the baker with his tray like always....

the same old bread and loaves to selllll...."

she was thinking she was Belle

from Beauty and the Beast

strolling through her "poor provincial town."



...........


Just another day

in

supermarket

wall smooching

provincial town

la la land

paradise.
























5 comments:

Joan said...

Ahhhhh ha hah haha! ADORABLE! I am obsessed with Beauty & The Beast. It's the only Disney that rivals Sleeping Beauty (my very, very favorite).
I need a daughter. Can I just have one? Just one? That's all I ask...b/c with these crazy, loud, rambunctious boys I don't know if I could handle more than one girl :)

Ps: are you DYING with disgust at the pic I sent you? haha!

Ashley said...

So cute! I am with Joan I would love to have just one girl! I love my boys but sometimes beating invisible bad guys up just doesn't compare to kissing walls, pretending your Belle or even getting married. Maybe one day :)

Natalie in Sparks said...

SO FUNNY!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amy m. said...

a girl after nae's heart...