Monday, April 4, 2011

Back with a vengeance.







Have you missed me?!

I hope so!

Well, it's April. Glorious spring, I love that I was born in this month! I'm back!

So sorry about that last rather negative post sitting as the entry point to my corner of the ether these last few weeks. Life really has been quite good. More on that later. I'm excited to finally post the details of the shower I had the pleasure of hosting last month for my little sister.

Enjoy!


....................................






Complete with flowers....







Lovely guests.....




gifts gifts gifts.....






And the most amazingly delicious cakes
I've ever consumed in my entire life.
All HOMEMADE, courtesy of Chrisopher's sisters Amanda and Kelsey.

Bakers extraordinaire, let me tell you. I've already informed them if they don't open their own bakery I'll be forced to contract with them in private anyways. After lunch guests feasted on any of the following flavors of these moist, yummy bundt cakes:

White Chocolate Amaretto
Banana Chocolate chip
Double Chocolate
Lemon

Be still my heart (and stomach).







Guests were assigned seats at the following tables....




Each table was named according to a nickname Sarah had as a child or a word that presented a story about either Sarah or Christopher as children....





The back of each sign told the story.....





During the luncheon, as the guests munched on salads and sandwiches and quiche, the stories were presented aloud by family members......
(which btw all print-work was done by my fabulous friend Jamee, who was so patient with all of my requests! If you ever need to hire a good invitation designer I've got your gal!!! Call Jamee!)




A favorite of many (including mine)
was the story behind....



The Lieutenant Table

"Once upon a Time,

There was a little girl named Sarah Anne, and a handsome boy named Christopher. About ten years ago, a special movie was released in theaters titled Pearl Harbor. Sarah LOVED this movie. So much so that her little eleven year-old self became obsessed. We're talking OBSESSED. She loved the nostalgic love story of a beautiful nurse with her dashing Lieutenant. In fact, she loved it so much she swore "it hurt!"! It was similar to the crush she always harbored (pun intended) on the dreamy lieutenant from the old cinema classic South Pacific.
Sarah would watch Pearl Harbor. Over and over....and over. And later, she could frequently be found in her room, staring off dreamily in the distance as she listened to the movie's soundtrack.

Little did Sarah know that one day her dreams would come true: her beloved Christopher was recently awarded the Air Force scholarship to the University of Pacific (only eleven citizens in the entire nation are awarded such an honor!). In just a few months, Christopher will be commissioned a Lieutenant in the United States Air Force, and his bride will also be graduating as a nurse....

Sarah snagged her Lieutenant after all.*

(*only this time there will be no planes crashing!). "

................................



It was a lovely day, fit for a lovely bride.

We love you Sarah.




and will always be wishing your upcoming marriage
a very











.....................................






The End.










7 comments:

Alex said...

Wow, this is probably the cutest bridal shower decor I've ever seen. I love the idea of the table names, so cute!

I too was also in LOVE/obsessed with Pearl Harbor. I watched it with a friend every day for two weeks straight! I love me some Josh Hartnett in that!

;)

Alex said...

P.S. I really missed your blog!

Ashley Matuzak said...

Wow! What a beautiful Bridal Shower:) You did an amazing job Rae. Sarah is going to be such a gorgeous bride.

Joan said...

Droooooling over those cakes!!! YUM MEEEE.
Well done on the shower Rae. I am going to hire you for my next party. Really, truly. You've got the party planning thing down to a science!

Casady said...

Gorgeous!!! Sooooooo sorry I couldn't be there!!!

Alexis said...

What a fun day. Thanks Rachel, Aunt Mary, Amanda, Kelsey and Ali for putting on such a wonderful shower for our girl Sarah. Great pictures Ali!And sign me up as a regular customer of Amanda & Kelsey's bakery for sure:)

Sarah Hansen said...

My first attempt to comment on your blog failed so I will try again. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect bridal shower. The decorations were to die for, the food and cakes amazing and the thoughtful memories shared were more than I could have asked for. Thank you Mom, Rachel, Aunt Mary, Amanda, Kelsey, Ali and Jamee. You ladies rock. Love. Tootie.