Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ode to Ellie

Last year to the day, I awoke horribly nauseous. It was my birthday. Pregnant hormonal imbalance and depression seemed to be the order of the day. I declined all festivities, I just couldn't. It was pointless.

"Are you sure you don't want to at least try and go to lunch?" I remember my mother and mother-in-law asking. "You really don't want to do ANYTHING?"

I was sure. And feeling super silly and sorry for myself. Oh poooo hooooo, poor me. Sick on my birthday. A victim to nature's cruelty, the martyr of humanity. (dramatics have always been my strong point)
I slept most of the day.











This morning, I awoke....




to this




little face, sleeping right next to me.



and couldn't help but reflect and marvel.



We took a long bath together this afternoon.




and as I washed around her rolls and chubs


I thanked my lucky stars for her splendoressness (my word)



She was the best birthday present ever.








8 comments:

Mrs. Officer Andelin said...

I thought about you on your birthday!

You are so lucky!

Jamee
xoxo

Casady said...

They are TOTALLY worth it! I remember last year well...I hope you had a much better birthday this year. In that last pic I think Ellie looks just like Tyler! Happy Birthday again :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! I know THIS year will make up for last year for sure!

Love,
Amy

p.s. I just LOVE Ellie's chubby cheeks! So precious!

Sarah Hansen said...

Oh how I love her chubberwubberness. Happy Birthday :) I am glad it was a much happier one.

Ashley Matuzak said...

Happy belated birthday! Ellie is so worth it she is adorable :)

Joan said...

She keeps getting squishier and thus more & more delicious by the day!!! Ps: Her lips are amazing :)
Happy Belated. I'm a lame friend :(

Alexis said...

I too enjoyed your birthday so much more this year! Ellie is a wonderful gift and you are magnificent for making such a sacrifice to suffer so that she might be here with us all! Lovely Day April 9th 1984 was for Dad and I when our version of Miss Ellie came into our lives:)
MOM

Natalie in Sparks said...

happy late birthday! Sorry, I didn't realize it was on the 9th! That is actually my brothers birthday too! (in 1980 though)