Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Good News.







Sunday dinner, an oft family tradition
Today we gathered upon our parents' commission

The fine bone china
Clinked with a clatter
Meat tenderized flavorfully, sliced on a platter

After grace we dined on a feastly spread
Until someone chimed in 

"I just got a text! Osama Bin Laden.......is DEAD."


Well my my, we remarked so demurely
Isn't that splendid.... Oh quite surely.
Father arose to deliver a toast
"My children, hear hear....vengeful natures we shall not boast....."
.
.
.
.
Until....OH NO!....a stomping sound came as the guests all spun

around to see Mama....clingin' her gun.









Hells yeah.

Git er done. 

 {Her finest hour.}



{One statement comes to mind: This is all so very normal.}










Don't mess with the U.S.








7 comments:

Alex said...

haha, I really got a kick out of this post! What splendid news to start off the week!

Alex said...

haha, I really got a kick out of this post! What splendid news to start off the week!

Natalie in Sparks said...

This is so funny! The poem was a nice touch, and your mom is hilarious! Yeah, I guess she decided it was a cause for celebration!

Alexis said...

Some moments in time just make me channel my inner "Sasha Fierce"...
Mom

Ciara said...

Oh how I LOVE the Hansen Family! I've been absent from the blog for a while, and then today... what do I find... AN AWESOME display of true USA!

Joan said...

You clever, clever girl!!! Delightful poem...but nothing will ever, ever trump that pic of your Mother. EVER. I love that woman :)

Amy said...

Love the poem. BTW your mom's pajamas are priceless and the gun is a nice choice. I can only imagine the Hansen house getting the news. Love it!