Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sib series Presents: Sibling #7



Here we go again, 7 weeks in and still going strong!! Apologies again for the delay.
 My excuse #94758: The sun was finally shining. 
I didn't step within more than 50 ft of this here computer screen unless it was to check the weather report to reconfirm that it had indeed exceeded the 75 degree mark and I wasn't just dreaming.



........................................................

Hoolllaaaaa! Like totally jk love you hunny lol lol lol
this is like my totally awesome little sister MALLORY!!!

HOOOOLLLLLAAAA!

Mallory is like totally 15 years old, and a varsity cheerleader! 
Like hoooollllaaaaa!
Whatwhat wooooooo! Hold uuuuuup! I say whaaaaaaaaa!!???!!

jk jk jk.

luv u ;):):) 4ever.









Okay fine.





I couldn't help myself. 
I just swell with pride, my emotions take over.

I taught this kid everything she knows.

totally.




I will never forget the voicemail we finally received in the wee hours of morning. For two days Daniel and I took care of the little ones, pacing back and forth, waiting for the news of the pending arrival of our newest sibling (apparently uterus's just don't run like they used to after six kids). I remember praying over and over for it to be a girl. A little sister. And I also remember working on a good fake expression of excitement if given the disappointing news of another booger-y brother {oh! super...another boy. bleh}. The anxiety ended with my Grandmother's voice over the answering machine:

"Hello kids! I'm so happy to let you know you have a healthy and beautiful new little SISTER...Mom and Dad are doing well and we'll talk to you soon!!!"


AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

That child was brought home in triumph and sported freshly painted pink fingernails at her two week checkup.
Nobody was more excited to shower attention and love on a real live babydoll than Sarah and I. And I lived it up with Miss Mal. Oh boy did I.
In fact, that is what is entirely to blame for how she's turned out.

lol lol lol lol lol jk jk jk luv you mal cutie 4ever BFF 



And though I may tease a bit about her awesome text-language, Mallory is smart as a whip (word on the street has it that she finished off her freshman year with a 4.0!). She is beautiful, goofy, and strong willed.
In an ironic twist of life cycles, just as I was once dubbed her "second mother", now she is the second mother to my girls. WEIRD. As repayment for her endless hours of free babysitting, when she someday marries and has sprouts of her own I have officially bequeathed Lily to her when Lils reaches the age of 13. {Mallory may retain full parental custody until Lily safely surpasses the age of 22: unharmed, unpierced, untattoo'd, and unpregnant.)





..............................................................

* Describe YOURSELF in three words.
    
Spunky, Loud, and Motherly





*What is your happiest memory, and what makes it so special?

I actually can pick one unlike the other siblings!! It is not super specific but my memory is.. At the old house when everyone was living at home, and our summer family dinners out on the porch and hearing the cotton wood's leaves rustle in the wind. Then going and playing on the trampoline with Ian, Forrest, and Rissa!! And Dad's compliments as we would subtly show off for him!  What makes it so special is that it was the prime of my childhood. 


* Please list five reasons why waiting to date until 
you're 25 is a great idea.

1. If you want to be an old maid yes it is a good idea.
2. Because boys suck
3. I dont like this question
4. I guess if you like cats.
5. I really do hate this question. a lot.



*What do you love that you may not openly express?


    1. My mom and dad. I have issues expressing my love for them but i do love them an appreciate them a lot!
 2. Good Music! I love music especially music I am not ashamed to have on my Ipod! You know the kind with a great beat and absolutely NO sexual innuendo or foul language! AKA Justin Bieber.



*Please list the five most recent texts you've deleted in order to avoid Mom reading them.

1. I have nothing to hide.
2. I have nothing to be ashamed of.
3. i agree with Forrest you are nosy.
4. I am flattered you think i am talking to boys( which i do)
5. I am glad you are trying to sabotage  me!!


*What are you most grateful for? What are you LEAST grateful for?


Well besides the usual answers like family and the gospel(which I am grateful for). I am grateful for the sun. That is pretty self explanatory! I am also thankful that we live so close to Tahoe!! I mean we live only an hour away from one of the prettiest lakes, but after you go there every other lake SUCKS! I am also grateful for Kate Marshall. The other day Rachel had said to me, "I am glad you have such a good friend like Kate." I realized I am so lucky! We get along so well, and she always makes me laugh, she understands our crazy family and not only that but she fits in! 

 I am least grateful for the complete and utter incompetence of boys! Seriously they are retarded. :)



*What do you fear? What makes you sad?

I fear divorce. Ha you are probably thinking, "you are 15." which is true. I am lucky enough though to have parents who have been happily married for a long time and are happy together. But i have seen the damaging affects divorce has on families and those around them and it terrifies me.  

What makes me sad is.............(thinking).........(still thinking)......Oh!... seeing those girls at the dances who never get asked to dance. This sounds like I'm kidding but I am serious, it is so sad that these girls want to be asked so sadly but boys are so selfish and rude that they don't ask (this leads back to my "boys are incompetent comment)
. I am not saying I always get asked but I don't rely on boys to make me happy. 

*What characteristic do you most seek in the opposite sex? What quality does the 'boy of your dreams' possess that would really hook you?

He has to be intelligent. You know those guys you can't even have a conversation with because they don't know what is going on in the world today? yea...dud.

The quality that would hook me is... He has to be good with kids, and like them. Not the guy who brings his little sister to basketball games to suck in girls like me but the guy who is genuinely  good with kids. 



 *What is your definition of success? Who is your biggest role model and why?
   
 Success to me is being able to look back on your life  knowing you lived with satisfaction and being able to say you are proud of yourself.

To be honest i don't actually have one role model...  I have many because everyone has qualities I want to possess but I want to be my own person.



If the whole world were listening to you and you only had two minutes to speak, what would you say?

I would tell them to be nice! Mom is always right and she always tells me," it is nice to be important but more important to be nice"



*What does your "happy place" look like?

My happy place looks a lot like sarah's. I see my kids playing in the bath tub as I am cooking dinner in our small but cozy, quaint home, then hearing the front door open then shut and as my husband walks in after a long day at work, then the kids suddenly want to jump out of the bath because they want to see him. Then sitting down to a home cooked meal and talking about our days.

 *What is your life motto?

Ha I don't know if it is a motto but: Classy, Confident, Superior, Lovely. I tell myself that in any situation when I have no one to give me advice! 



* A genie appears and grants you three wishes, what are they? (and no, you cannot wish for three more wishes)

1. I wish for all my loved ones to be protected! always!
2. I wish for a hot Spaniard to come home to!
3. I wish to always be successful and for my loved ones to be too!




.....................................................




Totally.

<33333.U.

14AA41.

4COL that was like so cute.

ABTA.

*w* *w* *w*







{Love you Mal}.







5 comments:

MaryLloyd said...

I have a very special place in my heart for your Mallory! She is so special (and not in the short-bus kind of way)
Love ya Mal!

Mrs. Officer Andelin said...

I love you Mal!!! You are awesome and LOVELY and smart and fun and so happy!!

Jamee
xoxo

Sarah Hansen said...

The beginning of this post got me a bit emotional! I remember that day clear as ever. Dad finally got home and wanted a nap and we had to WAIT UNTIL 11AM to go MEET YOU?! Are you Seeerrriiioooouuusss? It was too long. Love you Mal. You just have to deal with the fact that you have two overprotective big sisters that need to get over the fact to you are growing up ;) Love your favorite sister.

And that's right you GO GIRL. Who needs stinky boys to give you confidence?

Sarah

Amy MINOR said...

I luv these sibling posts 4 real.

Joan said...

When I think of Mallory I remember her as a little girl: blonde hair, fluffly dress, and last but in no way the least--a smile from ear to ear...always happy and smiling :)