Wednesday, July 27, 2011

She plum dun gone and fooled me...


 Today I have some special and very rare alone time with my Ellie belle.

The Grand-folk have the wild, older chillin's.

Ellie and I perused the home department of Macy's and TGMaxx.  I held her tight as we inspected linens and compared prices.

Can you hear it Ellie belly boo? That sound?!!!

Yes!!! Yess! It is called silence
The absence of requests!!
It is the lack of communication between three year-old to five year-old to eight month-old to Mommy Mommy Mommy can we please get this this this this and I'm tired and I'm hungry and I wanna go home and Lily ate my crackers!!!!!!


In the peaceful solitude of the Martha Stewart section I clasped my cheerful wee one, reflecting on how marvelously charming she is.

And gave due credit to...myself:

I am just a zen, zennny, zenlike Mom now.
With my third, I've simply perfected the art. This comfort, this ease of natural maternal instinct, has manifested itself so clearly in the calm collective smiles of this third babe. I get it. I understand now. 

Namaste.



Five seconds later:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

WAAAAA! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BAAAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAA BAAA BAAA BA BA BA BA

DAAAA DAA DA DA DA DA"

She wasn't crying either.
She was... vocalizing? Experimenting with sound? Acting just like her sisters?
I don't know what you could call it. 
But it rang loudly, and wasn't pretty.  Everyone kept staring (some smiling as well, but mostly staring)....And she wouldn't stop.

We promptly exited.

The End.








{I will still keep you.}






No comments: