Sunday, September 25, 2011

Just a few things.

 {Seeing to all bed-time duties before heading off to his prized weekly basketball night with the guys. Such a good Daddy}

Missing him already. Business trip.

As I lay in bed, once again lethargic and nauseated and miserably within the strangle of this first trimester, I thought: what would I do without him?

Well, I would not be knocked-up and sick, for one thing. Hmmmmm.....

And thus the twisted humorous irony is born: the person who helps create the very depth of your existence is also the one who must sometimes save you from it.


........................................................................


Other item that is saving me....

Half chocolate/half vanilla almond milk. Over ice.

Weird huh? And YUMMY. I like to imagine it coating the raw and squeamish insides of my stomach with comfort. Plus it gets rid of the constant swiss-cheese-like taste in my mouth for a good five minutes.



Almost as weird as the above beverage is my affinity for tacos as my main form of sustenance. Every pregnancy I tell you! I believe strongly in the body's natural ability to regulate itself. So naturally, such cravings are clearly stemming from the biological underpinnings of the hunter-gatherer age when Taco Bell was at the height of its reign. Surely! I am simply a woman in touch with her body.


.................................................................

Quote of the week:


Larissa: "Um Rae...if it's okay I'm going to go ahead and vacuum your floors because there are hardened macaroni&cheese pieces everywhere."


..................................................................


Can't promise posts will be regular. Nothing in my life is very regular right now.

3 comments:

thebusbyfamily said...

congratulations on the bun-in-the-oven, friend of a friend :)

I had to comment because your pregnancy sounds oh, too familiar to my own. Good 'ole chocolate milk was my favorite and that awful taste in my mouth didn't go away until I welcomed my son into my life.

awwww, the things we do for our babies. hang in there. I'm glad you have someone to vacuum macaroni off your floor ;) everyone needs someone like that!

melissa

Mrs. Officer Andelin said...

Oh Rae...I missed seeing your beautiful face teaching RS yesterday.
I wish I could bring you some comfort besides the age old "this too shall pass..." blah blah blah.

Maybe some Almond milk will be coming your way.. we shall see.

Jamee
xoxo

Joan said...

Chocolate milk has magical powers. Pregnant or not pregnant. I love that stuff. I am also a new convert to vanilla almond milk as well. mmm.
The swiss cheese mouth is not fun nor is feeling lethargic and nauseous. Poop.