Saturday, November 5, 2011

The apple doesn't fall too far...

We celebrated Ellie Boo's first birthday today! I can't believe it, just one year ago I waddled myself into the hospital, so excited to meet her and glad to shed an instant 7-10 pounds and sleep on my back again. So many gifts, all in one day...

Pictures to come, I'm not in the mood to crop/edit just yet, but know this: you won't wanna miss it!

.............................................................

Tonight I want to upload some photos that have been sitting in the archives for too long, but are oh so post worthy.

Lily Lu goes to Mini Miner Camp.

{It's an annual event the cheerleaders host: cute little girls come and after a week of practice everyone performs at the big football game.}

I once took my toe-headed little five year-old sister Mallory to Mini Miner Camp when I was a cheerleader, oh she was so scrumptious!

I blinked twice and suddenly it is Mallory bringing my five year-old to camp. Seriously?!!

I am not old.

I am not old.

I am not old.


And talk about scrumptious! Here was my offspring's grand debut:




There she is!!!!



Just look at that smile!! 


Oh yeah! Oh yeah! Go lily! Go lily!

It's ya birthday, it's ya birthday.....




Der...oy...oh boy...a bit of your mother's rhythm there....


It's okay, take it from me: remaining one count offbeat helps you stand out: in a good way!
{And don't forget the hot pink shoelaces....hollaaaaa spirit fingers!}



Tuck your thumbs...chin up....
suck in...
arms straight....
remain tight....

and wham bam thank you MA'AM!
Woot woot!





































I will not be a crazy cheer Mom.

I will not be a crazy cheer Mom.

I will not be a crazy cheer Mom.








3 comments:

Nonna said...

WOW---Lily is the cutest Mini Miner I have EVER seen! (sorry Mallory--you come in second!) Love, Nonna

amy m. said...

Oh good old Manogue! Good old cheerleaders! I was the only MINOR Miner sister that was not a cheerleader but I am still blessed with the occasional repeat performance from Jen & JD. M-A-N-O-G-U-E - and what are we gonna do? We're gonna B-E-A-T - uh beat you!

Sarah Gurries said...

Your commentary on this one kills me....Go Lily!