Monday, November 21, 2011

Gratitude on the Menu, and these:


This week, I am taking pause. I am committing to shut-out the areas of my psyche that make no contribution in a creating a grateful heart. I'm silencing my cynic, my critic, my skeptic, my doubter, my hater, my inner drama maker. Or at least I'm going to try reeeeeallly hard too. Because nothing is more cleansing to the soul than a hearty dose of simple gratitude. For how wonderful it feels, you'd think I'd do this more often!

My duties for Thanksgiving include a few side dishes and an appetizer. I love to try new things, so here's what I'll be working on these next couple of days:

Beekman Boy's Buttermilk Cornbread Dressing with Sausage


Roasted Brussel Sprouts w/ Bacon, Cranberries, and Pine Nuts
(I am modifying the linked recipe, I love me some bacon and pine nuts!)


The most requested salsa I've ever made:
Fresh Avocado Corn Salsa 



Here's to an excellent Thanksgiving kick-off!




1 comment:

Joan said...

MmmMmmMMmmm! I am a huge fan of the fresh avocado corn salsa and I recently revived (not revived so much as discovered) my love for brussel sprouts. SOO tasty.
And good for you for taking the opportunity to let go of your "Negative Nancy" to allow some room for your "Grateful Gretchen."
Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend.