Thursday, November 24, 2011

The List to end all Lists: You won't want to read this.







A few weeks ago, as I gutted the massive amounts of paper in our office closet , I came across a list I had written years before. I can only assume I was having a bad day... therapeutic gratitude lists usually stem from those don't they? Or who knows, maybe it was a really good day I wanted to capture...


It made me smile to read it, and I want to immortalize it on this family record of ours so I can always glance back and remember the myriad of big and small things to be thankful for. 



My Lily
My Husband
Me
My health
My body
My home
My Family
My extended family
Sun
Rainy Summer days
Painted toenails
Lily's wrinkled nose smile
Tyler's excited hand rubby thing
Sense and Sensibility
England
History
Books
Clean Carpet
Feeling cozy
Clean, white socks
Laughing with Sarah
Best Friends
My Mom
My successes
and a few of my failures
My job
My freedom
My energy
My faith
Bubble baths w/ candles
Diet Dr. Pepper
chocolate
baking
Autumn Days
holidays
yoga (even though I don't do it)
Ty & I's friendship
Humor
Mary Kay Skincare
Clean bathrooms
Security
My dad
My backyard in the summer
Lake Tahoe
Study Abroad
The future
Lily's personality
Tyler's personality
My personality!
the farm
memories
each of my sibs
computers
trashy magazines
candy
crying and feeling better after
clean cars
my dollhouse
my sense of style
happiness
the ability to DO things
a good perspective
cartoons
disneyland and disney movies
feeling good
the ability to have children
Lily
lily
lily
Sunday afternoons
quiet spiritual moments
lily's bedtime songs
reading to lily
bathing lily
my passion
Tyler's passion
being different
canopy beds
Hawaii
far off places
knowing that i will go to far off places!
pasta
BBQ's in summer
dinner on the porch
neighborhood walks
cows
heaters/air conditioners
leather car interiors
the  mall
Macy's home department
Mac eyeshadow
lori's cooking
lily kisses
lily buns
lily loving her baby doll
family's love for lily
encouragement
Ryan
Saved by the Bell
Oprah
The journey of life
old people that still love each other
flowers flowers flowers
streams
rivers
bottled water
Country Garden restaurant
Spiced Iced Tea
Manogue
Nevada
California fruit stands
summer  mornings
Satsuma orange tealight oil
massages
date nights
dressing up
hair
my eyebrows
Tyler's eyes
education 
CS Lewis books



And then the list ends....

Would you believe

I can still add so. much. more.?

You don't want to read anymore I'm sure...but I will conclude with the three biggest categories that must be mentioned....can't believe life gets better than the above...but it does:

London 
Lundy buns
Lundy smiles
Lundy's chipped tooth
her hugs
ooooh her hugs again!
the way she speaks
her 'wittle' words
the way she says, um um um um Mom....
her imagination
her dramatics
her squishy face
her 4am nightly visits to our bed
the experience of falling in love with her
over and over 
Ellie Jane
her toofers
her giggle
her trailing me throughout the house
begging me to hold her
how she loves to be read to
bathing her 
how she hates getting dressed
her belly
her belly
her belly
her kisses
her eyes
her bend towards adventure
her cheerful
sunshiny
self

Baby buns #4
the list is coming
it
will
be
long





Have A Wonderful Thanksgiving all!!

Wishing you a list of your own as looooong as your heart's desire!!


:)

Rae








1 comment:

Joan said...

Im offended that you don't have: "extensive, verbose emails detailing Joans thoughts on feminism and her feelings about angry, man hating, male member envying women who create websites that embarrass us level headed, confident, capable, feminine, man LOVING women." ;)