Friday, December 16, 2011

Party in the Works.

{Party hint....}


It is the eve of the Unicorn Tea Party for Miss London.

The one she has been asking about since oh....September 2nd-ish.

"Mom, how miny daze till my Uni-Cowrn Tea Poddy?"
(How many days till my Unicorn Tea Party?)

"47, sweetheart."

"Aaaaawwwwww!"
.
.
.
.
.

It felt good this morning to say it:


"Tomorrow!"
.
.
.
.

I remember when I was around 8 or so, I went solo to visit some relatives in Utah for a few days. I tugged my suitcase along with me and as I opened it to unpack for my stay I discovered a book my Mom had tucked inside as a goodbye present, a sweet note penned within the cover.

 It was a book of Tea Parties.

Garden Tea Parties,
Stuffed Animal Tea Parties,
Rainy Day Tea Parties....

I remember frequently turning the pages of that book in complete mesmerized rapture and longing. 
Life should  just be a tea-party. 

What could be better?!!

A Unicorn Tea-Party perhaps?

.
.
.
.
.

Little Girls
 are 
meant 
to be celebrated.


Can't wait....














1 comment:

Joan said...

I just read Peter Beagle's The Last Unicorn. You should read it to your girls (maybe in a few years). It probably wouldn't keep their attention at this point. But its a fun, whimsical read.
And you are one heckuva Mom to throw such glamorous, fantastic parties every year for your girls. I am already burnt out by bday parties?!