Friday, March 23, 2012

Conversations.



Early morning chatter.









Some sound-byte highlights of the week:


Lily pee'd the bed late one night. I peeked in on her around 1am, after making my ninth or so trip to the bathroom myself, and found her drenched. Ohhhhh the joy. Later that day:

Lily: "{Sigh}, Mom. I just gotta tell you something."

"What hun?"

"Well, {sigh, dramatic breath, eye batting}...you know how I pee-peed in my bed last night on accident?"

"Uh huh."

Lily: "Well, I choosed that."

"You did? Why?"

"I was so exhaaaaaausted {think heavy dramatic pronunciation with a slur on the s}.
I'm so exhausted ya know? I just couldn't. I just couldn't. I just decided to pee in my bed."

"Um, okay. I understand. But you really can't do that Lu. You have to get up and go potty."

Lily: "But which is better? {She motions to hold out her two hands weighing the separate choices}:
Getting my sleep? Or going pee?"

"Going pee. Definitely going pee."


..........................................................................................................



London: "Hey Mom, how owe'd are you?"
{how old are you?}
.
.
.
.

"Twenty seven."
.
.
.
.

"When awe ya gonna be seben?"
{When are you gonna be seven?}
.
.
.
.

"Twenty years ago."
.
.
.
.
.


"When awe ya gonna be eight?"
.
.
.
.


"I already WAS eight sweetheart, a long time ago...19 years ago. When I was very little."
.
.
.
.

"Oooooh."
.
.
.
.

{I think we're finally getting it.}
.
.
.
.
.

"How owe'd is Daddy?"
{How old is Daddy?}
.
.
.
.
.

"Twenty eight."
.
.
.
.
.
pause for thought
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"When is HE gonna be seben?"

.
.
.
.
.


Alrighty then...square one....let's change the subject, shall we?



















3 comments:

The Mrs. said...

HA!! That cracks me up.

Pee? Sleep?

I totally understand though. Like those nights when you change your position 100 times crossing your fingers that the feeling that you have to pee will go away..but it never does and you don't sleep either. I always think: "I should have got up an hour ago and peed and slept."

xoxo

Artfulife said...

Too funny! lol

Joan said...

A whole week?!?! I've never seen you go a week without a new post?! Well not for a long time anyway.
I'm trying desperately to be patient ;)