Friday, May 11, 2012

Londisms.




My Big Little Helper, this one.



When asked, how do you take care of four little ones?
I must honestly respond with:
Well my four year-old took over raising the newborn... Four divided by two equals two plus baby minus four year-old multiplied by three totaling: OH WHATEVER I'VE NEVER BEEN GOOD AT MATH BUT LET'S JUST LEAVE IT AT: 
I'm managing.{with help}



Love at first sight it was. 
I think she asks to hold her "Emmasin" every 15 minutes. 
A total accumulation of oh...five solid hours a day.



She frequently elaborates on her mothering skills and instruction:


"Mom, when Emmasin cwies, and den opens her eyes just a wittle bit, we lay her in da cwib. When she jus opens one eye, i pick her up. When she just closes both eyes a wittle bit, we put her back in da cwib."
{Mom, when Emerson cries, and then opens her eyes just a little bit, we lay her in the crib. When she just opens one eye, i pick her up. When she just closes both eyes a little bit, we put her back in the crib.}

Um yeah, something like that.

.....................

She pointed to my chest while I was breastfeeding.

Pointing left:

"Mom, dat one is fo wada."
{Mom, that one is for water}

Pointing right:

"And dat one is fo food."

Um yeah, something like that.

........................


Today she surmised:

"Mom, I think Emmasin likes me bedda than you and Lulee."
{Mom, i think Emerson likes me better than you and Lily}



Um yeah, something like that.












2 comments:

Joan said...

Oh my heart! Those photos are perfect and that little Lundy is an angel. You are one very blessed woman, Rachel.

The Mrs. said...

I loved seeing all of you beautiful woman at Costco. I love you Rae. I am so sorry for my "it only gets harder" comment. Holy crap, what a great friend I am!? Sheesh. We should probably keep visiting teaching to random meetings at Costco so I don't bring misery and hopelessness to you even more.

Please forgive me, I was having one of those days...er...weeks!

xoxoxoxoxoxox