Wednesday, June 6, 2012

i live for this.




From the moment they are born, you wait for it.



Stalking their faces, kissing their cheeks, tickling their chins, hoping for it to break. And finally, often in the earliest morning hours, it peeks through.

Recognition....


twinkling eyes....


 lighting up...


And......
Yes! Yes! Hello! Hi pretty girl!!!! 
Oh!! Momma's been waiting for 
your smile...


I know i'm not much to look at and I probably have horrendously bad breath and I'm positioned offensively close to your face....I'm just really, really smitten with you. Which is odd if you think about it, because before motherhood I typically steered away from anything that brought endless amounts of sleep deprivation and exhaustion and general feelings of incompetence...
but gosh...the electric current of pure happiness shooting directly to my soul...i'm addicted to this.
 I sure do like you.


And now I feel pretty confident, if even for just this moment....


You like me too.






2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

So beautiful! I love how you captured every moment up until her smile!
She is just so beautiful.

Jamee
xoxo

Katy Nicole. said...

Amazing!! She is sooo adorable- those gummy little smiles are just the best!