Tuesday, January 29, 2013

happiest with him.



It has been a rough couple of months, I'm not going to lie. While we are happy about our pending move and Tyler's new position with his company, I told myself that 2013 was going to have to be the year for me to learn to be comfortable with instability. We will be living out of boxes for a while, traveling back and forth, and simultaneously attempting some semblance of routine for our girls until we can get really settled.

Status: we are still currently house hunting and hoping/praying/crossing our fingers that the house we have an offer on will actually go through (short sale - arg.). In the meantime, Tyler has been working Monday through Friday in Southern Cal since November. Flies out Monday mornings, returns late Friday nights. The girls and I moved up to my parents in the meantime and I SO appreciate and NEED the help! Single moms and mothers of the world with traveling husbands,etc: I salute you. It is a gnarly exhausting uphill struggle.

But more than the help a husband provides, it is his regular companionship that I (we) are missing most. Saturday and Sunday are HANDS DOWN the BEST days of our week (as if they weren't already pretty great anyways: who doesn't like those days?). He is home. Glory be! our favorite guy in the world is home! Following a pretty saWEET date night after picking him up from the airport last Friday, we took the girls out first thing Saturday morning to celebrate with pancakes. We spent the rest of the weekend enjoying our time together.




uncle Cub was in town and came for the parTAY.









And then we said our usual sad goodbyes (boo) till next weekend and he hopped on that darn plane again. The next day I came across this video and was teary-eyed for the rest of the day. Made me think so much of him. (even the part about the cell phone...only he doesn't hear silence. He gets an earful of gibberish from Ellie Jane)



Tyler Haack, you are wonderful.
Thank you for being the best man and father this cheer squad could ask for.

Till Friday night, goodnight and i love you SO.

;)






2 comments:

Alex said...

AAAHHH love that video! Great post. Good luck with the move.

:)

Heather said...

I love that video! Oh, that would be tough having your husband be gone like that. My heart goes out to you while you are in limbo! Crossing my fingers for you the house goes through :)