Monday, May 13, 2013

Gathered.


{reunited!}

And.....

I'm back!

We're here. We're safe. Our little family is together again in a new place. A new city, a new State...a new house. It's all so....different. Good, but very different.

I intended to post much earlier. But I tell you, the silence was refreshing. Maybe you felt the same way? I know this doesn't sound like much, but THREE SOLID WEEKS of pretty much non computer use-sage (or at least minimal computer use-age) was lovely. In fact, I spent a good chunk of time debating whether or not to return at all. You see, within just a few days of cold turkey abandonment of all things cyberdom, it became evident that I have indeed been pittling my days away too often on unworthy distractions. I don't know about you, but I've found that the internet can often make me lazy. Or worse, my brain is buzzing with activity but strangely directionless? Is there some form of computer-screen induced attention deficit disorder I should be aware of? I am discovering that even the best blogs and online articles leave no trace of that indulgent, thoughtful peace that a good book brings at bed-time. Why is this? I don't get it.

Additionally, I am basking a bit in the sheer weightless-ness of the anonymity I've found myself enveloped in.  I've never really been in a city where I literally know nobody. I didn't really expect it to feel so liberating. To suddenly be free of all expectations, all obligations, all conversations, every socially contractual or normal interaction with any familiar faces...really feels calming for a spastic chatty-kathy like myself. For a small sliver of time I am such a free floater. It's not really something I'd relish in the long term but upon reflection I've decided I should make good use of this opportunity while I can. I've already taken the liberty of white trashin' it up a few times walking into Walmart with four kids in tow...all in pajamas....at four o'clock in the afternoon...on a Wednesday.

And it. felt. fantastic.

Maybe the life of a total recluse suits me?


But.....

I have begun to itch with the need to share and record. Which is what I love most about this little space. It's so weird, but this really is a place where I feel I have the luxury of stepping to the side of my own existence. I get to examine and reflect. A spot where I can shift my focus to the things I want to grow. So to you, my small and quite humble circle of loyal friends/Mom/readers, I want to say thanks for checking back.

more soon!


rae



9 comments:

Mary said...

Rae- so glad you're back- can't wait to hear about life in Beaumont!

Cousin Mary Lloyd

Alex said...

So glad to see you've returned. Your blog is one of my favorites!

::Alex::

rae said...

Aww, thanks ladies! It's good to be back in action!

Joan said...

Yayyyy! I missed you so!

Kendall K said...

I'm so glad you guys made it and are doing well! It's great to take some time away but I am glad you are back too!

rae said...

Joanie dear, hope you are feeling well enough to come visit soon! I demand to paint your pregnant toes!

rae said...

Kendall, thank you! It's nice to be wanted:)

Ashley said...

Glad your back Rae! BTW I lost all my contacts so please text me so I can have your number when you get a chance :)

Joan said...

PS: you've officially graduated from ”small family” to ”large family.” :)