Saturday, September 14, 2013

Random musings on Friday's Phone Dump and the return of The Voice (back and better than ever).




Tired hooligans.

London on the tea cup ride. In a picture, all you'll ever need to see to understand London's approach to risk-taking. {Mother's daughter.}

We suckered her into a ride on the Tower of Terror. This, upon retrospect, was a poor decision. She refused to speak for a record 3 minutes after riding.

 Lily's response? "That. was. AWWWWWESOME."
Which, in a phrase, is all you'll ever need to know to understand Lily's approach to risk-taking. {Father's daughter.}


Lily approached me a few days ago and requested that I help her pull another tooth out. She had discovered this was a much faster approach to earning three dollars than a boatload of chores at $.50 per day. Considering the tooth was hardly loose, I informed her I would require a pair of pliers in order to rip the tooth abruptly from the roots, which would inevitably lead to profuse bleeding and a great deal of pain. She paused in a moment of reflection, then responded,

"Ok. Where do I find the pliers in the garage?"

This was not the response I anticipated. Nevermind. My sweet, dear child, something is wrong with you.


Another tired hooligan...

My cute baby.


......................................................................................

Sometimes Emerson and I like to sit on the couch and watch the Insanity workout together. We imagine what it would be like if Mommy actually stood up, got off the couch, and did the work out along with them. We imagine it would be awful, and wisely choose to stay on the couch.

On those rarer occasions in which Mommy DOES arise from her morning coma and work out along with all those annoying, defined, peppy, muscle-y people on the TV, she does so in a big pair of cotton Hanes granny panties and an old, faded grey sports bra. I figure nobody is around to see me so what the heck. Until my children awake and come clomping down the stairs to witness the horror of what is transpiring, and perspiring, in the living room. I'm usual in the middle of jack-downs or suicide drills (fittingly named).

"Oh! ...*pant*gasp*wheeeez*... Morning girls! Mom is just finishing her... *gasp*cough*
Morning exercise!!!....*wwwwwheeeeeeeez. ......Be done in a few... *pant*pant*i'm dying i'm dying i'm dddying.... minutes!"

"Why are you in underwears Mom? Wow, your face is weaaally weaally wed {really red}.
Your stomach looks kinda funny. It's bouncing up and down."

"Oh that!? ...*wheeeeez. inhale. 
*dizZZzZZzy.* gasp.... Well, it's really hot right now. And my stomach is bouncy because... *pant *pant *pant *breeeeeath through nose.... when Mommy decided to selflessly sacrifice...... *cccccccough barrkkkkkkkk...her body to bring YOU into the world....*ggggasp.....my stomach was stretched from here to Montana..... *Wheeeeeeeeeeez.... So essentially, no matter how much Mommy ever has or ever WILL work out with this {obnxious group of college co-eds on steroids}, my stomach will ALWAYS be more 'bouncy'...*cough wheeeeez wheeeez...Now go ahead and stand back cuz it might accidentally smack you when I do this next set of Mountain climbers....*room is spinning. inhale exhale panting....and no, lovies, I'm not bitter...Cheerios coming in a second!

*$&#))*&#^$(#!!!!

.........................................................................................................



Back to my cute baby. This time standing on our table. Her newest thing. Apparently, now we can see Emerson's approach to risk-taking.
And we all know Ellie Jane's approach to risk taking...here's another morning in which the mascara in the house has been discovered. You know, I look through all of these pictures of my life and two words come to mind. Order. and Peace.

And Ellie Jane in her romper. To die for.

And last but not least, THE VOICE.

London recorded HERSELF singing. I discovered this the other night and praised the heavens above that this was captured. My favorite ever. I laughed then cried then laughed then cried.

The london improv rap...




and!!!!.....

London's version of our favorite lullaby...



The end!



6 comments:

The Mrs. said...

So cute. Adorable. Everything. I could never ever discipline that Elli Jane. Ever. Too cute. She would just be spoiled rotten.

I do the same thing with Insanity. Exercise. I never know where I stand with it...? Do I like it? Do I REALLY need it? Is it making everything worse? Does it make me feel better? Do I have more energy when I do it or is it the reason I'm done with my day by noon?

I don't have the answers. But in the meantime, I do have cookie dough.

Jamee
xoxo

Emily said...

Oh MAN!!! This is great. Especially London's version of your favorite lullaby..."whenever I hear the rain on my legs..." Don't worry, London, I can never get the words right to that song either.

Rachel Haack said...

Haha, you speak truth! I love and hate and am confused by working out. I'll join u for cookie dough.:)

Rachel Haack said...

Isn't the point of primary songs really for children to mess up the words and shout them during the primary program? I say yes!!! So cute. I remember how in the song "love one another" the words "by this shall man know" were instead smashed into one word by Sarah..." By this shalmeno" was the phrase she used. She thought that was the actual word...until she was like, 17. Ha!

Joan said...

Just about peed my pants while reading the "Insanity" dialogue. I love it and I can TOTALLY relate :)

Rachel Haack said...

I'm still in awe that you actually COMPLETED a solid 60 day round. Seriously. I can't get past day 11.