Thursday, January 23, 2014

Personalized Tiny Dancer silhouette Tutorial.



For the girls' new room, I decided to repurpose our old silhouettes,
from their previous bedroom:

Previous room:


I came up with a new version of silhouette based on seeing a few ballerina forms in a store.

I thought, wouldn't it be cute to take pictures of my OWN girls' dancing forms?!

Yes!

{ALSO: ATTENTION TO ALL MOMS OF BOYS.

If I had a son I would go CRAZY with this idea too, boy style.

I'm talking side silhouettes of your boy in a cowboy hat, or pushing a dump trunk. I think it would be so fun to modify this concept into a boy's theme. So there you go. I've got nothing else for you.}

Anyways.

Bye Bye, old silhouettes...

General how-to:

1. Select frame you like. Take the background photo support and Modge Podge paper background of choice.




2. Photograph your tiny dancers doing whatever it is they love to do.






3. Enlarge and Print photo. {Hi Costco! Very cheap.}



4. Cut out silhouette.


{as you've probably noticed, London was totally into this project. der...}

5. Trace silhouette cut out onto dark cardstock of choice.

6. Modge-Podge dark silhouette cut out to frame background.
When dry, put back in frame.  

7. And....you're done!



1 comment:

The Mrs. said...

I am IN LOVE with this idea! I can come up with so many things for my boys!!!! Im so excited!!!

Thanks!
Jamee
xoxo