Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Girl drama.

 {Lily devising her next great experiment from The Giant Book of Cool Stuff, with her mini-me}

Lilyisms.

#1 (Scene: driving in the car. She is pensive, reflective, gazing out the window. Meet Zen Lily.)

"So Mom, I was thinking about that song Let it Go.
Let. It. Go. Ya know? Like Let it Go. Alllllll the bad things that can happen to a person. Just let it go. Let it go."


#2 (Scene: Sitting at the piano. Attempt at playing "old uncle bill" has ceased. piano book has been thrown across the room. Meet Rage Lily)

"WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO BE ALLOWED TO STOP PRACTICING THE PIANO!?!?!!!? DIE?!!! IS THAT IT?!!!! DO I NEED TO DIE?!!!!"




 Londisms.

#1
*Daily response - no, HOURLY response - to London's greatest life tragedies (i.e, having to wake up for school, being forced to wear pants instead of the same skirt she has worn the previous 9 days, a crooked part in her hair, the wrong color beverage cup accompanying breakfast, a delayed snack time)....

"THAT'S IT! I HATE MY LIFE! I HATE THIS DAY! IT IS THE WUSTEST (worstest) DAY EVER! NOBODY TALK TO ME! I DON'T WANT TO HEWE (hear) IT! GO AWAY!"

{i know. tell me about it.}




#2 - an impromptu spelling bee!

*"Hey Mom!!! Guess what?!! I know how to spell wait. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....

H
.
.
.
I
.
.
.
L
.
.
.
E


!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

{insert bright eyes. beaming smile. intense anticipation of applause and validation.}

whoa! wow! oh my! london! that was just just...oh my gosh.... wow wow wow.

{houston we have a problem.}



{and for the record, Miss future London, you were an excellent reader and a mostly fantastic kindergarten speller. So please forgive me for laughing so hard at this. If you really had a problem I promise I wouldn't make fun of it on our blog}}



Ellie and Emerson's shenanganisms.


It's 11pm. Do you know where your babies are?

because, apparently, we didn't. we put them to bed. it was awfully quiet upstairs while we watched our movie, this is what we found....







4 comments:

Joan said...

I am SO GLAD you took video of that moment!!! hahahahahaha!!! And can you please tell me why Ellie Jane is perpetually in the nude?! haha. I LOVE that girl.
I need to write a post like this...just all the cute little snippets from the day--including the shenanigans, of course.
Love it. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Raechel, do you have an email address? I can't seem to locate it on your page.

Rachel Haack said...

Anon,
I do..I just realized it isn't on my site. I need to remedy that.
raescornerblog@gmail.com

Thanks!

Emily said...

hahahahah! That video! Your babies are a bit closer together than mine BUT I can totally see my boys doing that and their reactions would be the EXACT same. Jackson would make sure he got credit and then sneakily leave while I am scolding Garrett who is just laughing and not actually stopping what he is getting in trouble for. Life's jewels.