Friday, January 2, 2015

The Five Days of Christmas Recap, Part I.


First event: The School Christmas Program

You can see my little darling shining starlets, can't you?

I know, I know: IMPOSSIBLE to miss.


What?
.
.
.
.
.
.
What do you mean you can't see them?!
.
.
.
.
.
.


BOO YEAH.

Such a presence!

rockin the house! takin names!


I think Christmas programs represent the best and worst of humanity, really. 

For one thing, I am inspired and find myself teary and all sorts of sappy sentimental when I see the bursting crowds, the standing-room-only spaces, the building stuffed to max capacity, the flashing photography at every turn. Behold! Look at how these children are loved! Look around at how many people turned out to see their child stand for a half-minute rendition of Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer! So many children! So much love! sigh! It' s just Christmas joy and sparkles and unicorns for all!

On the other hand, it's tribal warfare. Because let's be real. I'm here to see my kid. You're here to see your kid. And YOU are kinda in MY way. And I'M  kinda in YOUR way. But...I mean...my kid is kinda sorta the most, like... amazing child EVER, which I'm sure you can clearly see, right? You see her? She's the one out there, 17 kids left of the center? The one looking off to the side? Yes, yes...I understand that she looks like she's completely forgotten the words to the song but she's really just doing a 7 second pause sort of thing so she can begin translating it into its original German.

  So...



Ellie-Jane wanted in on the action.

{Ellie jane up in DA HOUSE. SAY WHAAAA?}



{Lily and Eden, buds.}

Emerson? Not so much into the whole sit-through-a-performance gig. She did her own side performance. It included climbing under chairs, stealing someone's purse, and shouting.

 It's a tough job to have such cute little peeps, but somebody's gotta do it.


It was I who courageously stepped forward and said,

"Me. Give ME the World's Best Christmas Program Performing Divas for children.

I WILL do it.

I WILL fight for a spot in the camera slinging mobs and I WILL use a zoom lens and I WILL prevail."






Overall, a jolly good time was had by all.

Truth be told, I don't know how to wrap up this rather narcissistic, self-congratulatory, parental recap post...

The end?


Okay, the end.



No comments: