Thursday, February 18, 2016

After school.



{Sisters reunited. Always "starving!". Snack time.}


I wish I had more time to write.


I wish I had more time to sit and think and document all of the big and small stories. The stories that are, to me, worthy of long-term record keeping. But daily I have to continually ask myself, for a myriad of tasks: is this a top priority?


It often feels like life is filled with nothing but TOP priorities, all competing with one another. I feel pulled in eighty different directions every day. But when I listen to the stillness, and that small little voice inside that gives us our best information, it's pretty easy to remember how my priorities really stack up. The struggle then is getting my outside world to better match the inside one. 

I'm getting better and more fluent with magic words like No or that's not my battle! or i'm letting this go! or oh well! or sorry, can't make it! I'm also telling Mom-guilt to shove it! 


I'm doing my best. 
My best is always good enough. 
Remembering that makes all the difference.











1 comment:

Joan said...

Amen. Mom guilt is the WORST!
xoxo.