Saturday, February 27, 2016

Count yer friggin blessings, dude.

{Friday afternoon lazy bummin.}

Weekend is here! Our plans are to do a little yard work, enjoy the sunshine, hopefully watch The Good Dinosaur with the kids, church, and London's very first softball game. It's a new dawn, a new day, a new me: the first official time I'll ever really pay any attention to a sporting event. 

Yesterday, as I drove the girls home from school Lily spilled on some of the fourth grade drama of the day {lucky for our family at the dinner table, there is usually plenty, on the daily, for Lily to talk about}.  It was a minimum day Friday, and their class had a special "read-in" day.  Everyone could bring their pillows and blankets and read while drinking hot chocolate.

So, according to Lily, apparently Bobby Fletcherrrrr was like sssssuper rude and annoying because Lily accidentally spilled like one drop, ONE DROP!, of hot chocolate on his pillow pet! I mean, come on Mom! I said sorry! One teeny drop! He kept saying that it was the worst day ever. THE. WORST. DAY. EVER. for him. Can you believe that?

{Actually, I was thinking in my head, yes, I can envision how a fourth grade prepubescent male showing up to school with his pillow pet could, indeed, turn out to be the worst day of his life.}

Bobby just kept whining Mom! On and on!

So what did you say then, Lu? 

I did that thing that you always do to me. 

{???????}

I said,

{she tees this up with some serious attitude and mock sarcasm...think lots of wide eyed staring and eyebrows excessively raised}

Oh. I'm SO SORRY. BOBBY.

TELL ME. Please. PLEASE tell me why today is the WORST DAY ever?

Tell me why you are sooOOOooOOOOoooo upset.

Is it because the um....the SUN is shining?

Is it because... your body IS HEALTHY AND MOVING?

Is it because... you had enough FOOD TO EAT today?

Is it because....you live in AMERICA AND HAVE FREEDOM?

Is it because you.... PLAYED OUTSIDE DURING RECESS?

Is it because you have... FRIENDS and a FAMILY who LOVE YOU?!

TELL ME WHY IT'S THE WORST DAY EVER BOBBY. TELL ME.




{Hey! She's paying attention!}



Poor Bobby.












2 comments:

renee said...

This might be my favorite post ever.

Beth said...

That is awesome and hilarious! Love your blog.