Monday, February 22, 2016

The Bearded Man.


On your birthday.

32

so many things to say, so much i love about you

for starters

your beard

growth that began on a whim

a few beard pins on my pinterest acct

soon became a fun man hobby of yours

cleaned, trimmed, shaved, examined daily

carefully combed as you drive your truck to work, a new habit

it makes me laugh

you make me laugh

laughter

the best medicine in marriage

the smiles you have given me

endless

endless.

it all began

the day you were born

what if it wasn't so

i cringe

i fear to think

the infinite amount of possibilities

that could have ended differently

me without you, you without me

this life

four daughters

deep, belly joy

satisfaction

comfort

trust

ease

all because you were born

all because you are here

and so i celebrate you

i will always celebrate you.












No comments: